Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Don't Worry, Be Happy

This is a selection from Bluffton University's November 29 Advent devotion. Corey Short wrote, "there have been so many times in my life where I have just felt so alone or so desperate for some kind of answer. I just felt completely lost. And each and every time, I cry out for help God hears me and He answers me. Maybe it's not the answer I was looking for and maybe not at the time I was looking for it, but He always answers. God’s light has always been shining for me to guide me where He wants me to go. Sometimes I don’t see the light, because I’m looking in the wrong direction or I just don’t want to look. Sometimes I end up straying from the path and the light that I’m following. But God will always be shining His light for us, and as long as we follow that light it will always lead us back to Him."

I found this passage while searching a devotion to steal for today. I read it in a concrete, "how am I supposed to use my gifts and talents" way. I'm still trying to figure out where God is sending me and sometimes have flashes of doubt. Last weekend, several of the volunteers were discussing our plans for after LVC. Several of us had that wild-eyed, panicked look we get when talking about our futures. I would like to remind all of us that we each have the light of love, hope, and compassion that Jesus embodied. These things are where God shines. As long as we live them out every day, the where and how that we stress about will work themselves out.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Good point. Thanks for this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home